Thursday, February 24, 2011

Alone again ...

Raul left on Tuesday, again. This time to Phoenix for Nascar *sigh* -- I shouldn't complain though it's extra money in the bank.  The kids have been behaving pretty well lately and I don't seem so overwhelmed at home by myself.  I've implemented some new strategies with Andrew that have helped a lot. We started a reward chart with him, and I have started using reinforcers on behaviors that I want to improve.

I don't know if it's Andrew getting older or it's because my new strategies are working, but I am now able to take him to the store without any huge tantrums. I have been that mom before with the screaming kid at the store. 

The other thing i've notice is the homework being sent home lately. Andrew is only in pre-school and on Tuesday night was math homework (9+5, 9+7, etc) It seemed like a lot of work for my little guy, but I guess it's good in the long run. 

I'm doing good. My job is actually ok right now. I'm thinking of going back to school to get my BA and i'm finally loosing that baby weight.

I have a new hobby in the works that i'm obsessed with ... cake pops, cake bites, and cake balls. I'm sure some of you have heard of Bakerella. I just bought her book:



I made my very first batch of cake balls on Saturday and they came out fab! I do need to perfect the candy coating dipping, but you really can't mess up the taste of these delicious treats.  I will post pics later after I have gotten a little better at dipping :)

1 comment:

  1. Yum. I may need to place some cake ball orders soon. ANd can you please do a post on his reward chart? with pics if u can. I wan to do one

    ReplyDelete

Us

Us

My Boys

My Boys