I had two huge milestone's this weekend.
First, on Friday I enrolled Andrew in Kindergarten. I can't believe that he'll be starting Kinder in the fall. While i'm a bit weepy, Andrew is so excited. He insists on driving by the "big boy school" as he calls it, so he can look at where he will be in September. He says he won't miss Adam (they go to the same school right now) but I think he'll miss his little brother. I wish I had a job where I could pick up the kids when school gets out at 2:30 pm. Someday.
Next, we turned Adam's crib into a bed. I've been putting off this moment as long as I could but Adam keeps climbing out of his crib and he's a big boy now, so it's time. It's strange seeing the crib like a bed. The infant days are over. Adam loves his new bed. Raul and I don't ease the kids into things, so when it was nap time Adam was sleeping in this new bed cold turkey. I peeked in on him when I put him down for his nap and I saw him get in and out of his bed. I could see the excitement on his face with his new found freedom, but he got back in his bed and took his two hour nap! thank god.
I thought bedtime would be different and he would put up a fight, but nope. We followed our same routine and he went to bed and stayed in his bed all night. Let's hope he keeps this up. I have my Dr. Ferber book on my night stand just in case of any emergency sleep training.
Next up is potty training for Adam. I want him out of diapers by the end of June. Wish me luck!
I Do Now
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment