Monday, April 19, 2010

To be young again


I miss the days of being young and having no responsiblities. Playing with friends, swinging, and laughing. I went on the swings with Andrew and it brought a smile to my face! Now I know why Andrew loves swinging so much. You feel carefree and happy.

Now, back to reality: tantrums, meltdowns, crying, tears -- oh boy. The screaming and crying wears you down. Trying to find the right discipline strategy is draining.

Will my kids hate me for trying to make them into strong, polite little boys? Will my marriage suffer because the kids are out of control? 

Time to re-focus:  I'm a good mom, and a good wife. My kids will love me no matter what. I will put together a good disicpline plan and get my little men back on track.  We just ran into a little bump, that's all.

I went to the mall on Saturday and looked around. Andrew may have his moments, but he's a happy, smart, healthy, imaginitive little boy.  I think he's going to do something great when he's older. Fpr example, I moved this plastic desk out of his room and he goes and opens the window and says "yes I'll have a cheeseburger please." I realized he was pretending he was the drive through at McDonalds. This kid remembers everything.

Not to long ago there was a car accident near our house. Of course there were fire trucks, ambulance, police, tow trucks, etc., and Andrew observed it all. When it was all over, I see Andrew in the backyard trying to hook his wagon onto his tricycle. He said it was a tow truck. So much imagination.

... And my little Adam, so full of life, and aggressive, yet..has a sensitive side too. He knows what he wants and goes for it and boy does he get mad when he doesn't get it. He's for going to be a fighter.


My little Guys...


I love them

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful post. the boys are so cute. I love hearinf about their little minds and imagination.

    ReplyDelete

Us

Us

My Boys

My Boys