Andrew has been getting in a bit of trouble at school lately.
He's hitting when he gets mad because he doesn't want
to start cleaning up or transition to a new activity.
We have been working hard on teaching him not to do those things.
I found a great book called, "Hands are Not for Hitting."
I have been reading it to Andrew the last two nights and he seems to be catching on.
One of the lessons is "hands are not for hitting, they are for helping your brother get dressed or undressed," and what did I see this morning?
Andrew helping Adam put his sock and shoe on.
A ray of sunshine came through my home.
I hope this new found behavior sticks around.
Last night was actually a good night too.
The kids behaved, they listened, and they played together...amen!
Tomorrow I think I might be brave and venture out to Malibu with the kids.
It's going to be a great day and I can't stay in the house; we'll go crazy.
Happy Friday.


No comments:
Post a Comment