Tuesday, December 7, 2010

*sigh*

That's a *sigh* for two reasons.

1. I had an awesome time at the cookie exchange party on Saturday. I got to see my old boss and his family. Plus, I got to catch up on things with my co-worker who I haven't seen in a long time because she's out on maternity leave and I got a little break from being wife and mommy.  I boxed up so many cookies I couldn't believe it and we went back for seconds.  Now here's were the first *sigh* comes in ... my friend Kristin has lost 20lbs since July doing the Atkins diet. I started that diet in August and lost 6lbs, but of course gained it back. I just thought to myself, "if I would have stuck to it, I would be down my 20lbs." I know, I can't beat myself up about it. But what I can do is move on and I have. Yesterday was my first official day of the Atkins diet and I feel confident. So confident that I turned down chocolate cream pie yesterday, which didn't look very good, but I would have eaten it anyways. So here's to a new outlook on the diet plan :)

2. Ok, so like I said, I did get a break from family life on Saturday while I was at the cookie party. I thought awesome, Andrew will go with Grandma and Adam will take his nap while i'm gone. I'll get home around 5 ish to cook dinner and it will be a quiet, peaceful night (insert laugh here).  It's 5:30 pm and I call Raul to check on things. He tells me that Andrew had a tantrum with Grandma at Walgreens, so Andrew was ordered to come home and he didn't to Grandma's. Then they all took naps until 5:30, awesome.  Well I don't end up getting home until 7 ish. In my foolish mind i'm thinking oh that wonderful husband of mine probably fed the kids leftovers, has the them bathed and at least has adam in bed (insert another laugh here). I walk in the front door to Raul watching football and the kids running crazy. I ask him if they ate, he said no he was waiting for me to come home, arghhhhh.

Anyways, that's my rant for today, which was actually yesterday's rant.  I could go on and on about that wonderful husband of mine and how helpful he is. Sometimes he is, but last night ... um not so much. Ok, time to stay positive. He is a good guy and does a lot for us ....

Pity party is over.

I found some cute shoes for our office holiday party. While I think i'm old and out of the fashion loop, i'm going to try and pull of these shoes at Friday's party:



I'm thinking of a black dress with these shoes. We'll see how this ensemble works out.

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

  1. Your rant cracks me up. I have been there too. What is the atkins diet? I believe the best way to lose weight is working out. And of course watching your diet and how much you eat. I know easier said than done cause my ass has not worked out in months and I have been eating crappy because of the holidays. Good luck anyways. Maybe keep the weekends as your special treat day. You mightnot want that pie after all.

    ReplyDelete

Us

Us

My Boys

My Boys