We took the kids to Bobs Big Boy on Friday to celebrate Andrew getting another green face in school. I thought it would be fun, thought...I should have known better. I invited my neighbors, Scott and Susan, and they brought they're 18 month old along.
We get seated and are all settle in and then here comes the guy dressed as Bob, oy! Adam freaks out and starts crying a cry i've never heard before. We had to keep telling Bob to go the other way. If Adam saw him anywhere he would begin crying and he kept saying "no bob no bob please." Poor guy. Then Andrew kept asking where Bobby was. I told him he's eating dinner :)
The next hour was spent telling all 3 kids, "sit down. no climbing, the food is coming." Susan was having a hard time keeping little one from staring at the people behind us. Between the two of us we had two bags of toys that we kept swapping. That held over for a little bit. I told her we never took Adam out to dinner when he was younger; his first time out to eat was with them a couple of months ago when he was 22 months and we didn't even want to go out then. We just learned from going out to eat with Andrew that it's so hard! It's not that we don't enjoy being with the kids, but we can't even enjoy our meal. The meal comes and you literally have to inhale your dinner. Then you're just wiped out from keeping the little ones settled.
But, the most important thing was that Andrew got the hamburger he wanted. I tried to convince him to go through the Wendy's drive thru but he insisted on going to a restaurant and I didn't want to deny him his special treat.
Anybody else have any crazy restaurant stories?
I Do Now
1 week ago

No comments:
Post a Comment